tryin to be fit and healthy

                  Walk.Run.Jog.Dance.Diet.Gym.Workout      
These are just few of the words i keep hearing from people  who are very  much concern about my health.
Sometimes, i feel it like an insult. I thought am being bullied when i hear those words repeatedly spoken by people to me.
And i must admit, my stubbornness has kept me from living a very healthy lifestyle. I am often called 'chubby' by my colleagues. Because at my age and body structure, i am qualified really as an over-weight. That's the plain reality. I've been in a gym like couple of times ago. I ended giving up, instead of pursuing to be physically fit. I even sign up in a fun run twice.
And i thought i'm gonna loose some weight by halfheartedly devoting myself in going to gym and fun run. It was until last Sunday that i was cordially invited by my generous neighbor to be her guest at Fitness First   +SM Pampanga branch. I juuuuuuuust find it hard to say no to the invitation because i  deeply believe that it is now the high time for me  to finally take good care of my health. For once, I'm not getting any younger. I was once diagnosed to have a very high blood pressure. Time to take a change. So as i was saying last Sunday,  after i came home from church, i took my lunch, prep myself and my things, and headed straight to my generous ate, who's a member for seven years at Fitness First. As a pioneer member of the Spa, she's allowed to bring a guest or 2 every weekend. That's where i got my pass with no membership on that very nice spa. For starters, we took the Zumba class. Zumba has been a brouhaha to oldies women, people who has health problems like me, and to everyone who's born as a dancer but don't have the guts to dance. Haahahaha. I guess I'm not making any sense. Zumba is definitely super fun. I am a frustrated dancer. Yet, i never ever dance in public. So when ate told me that we take zumba first, i got so kiliiiiiiiig. Why because i know i'm going to have a great time. So we danced like for two hours, with a very minimal break every now en then just for us to drink liquid. There were like fifty zumba dancers or so including me and the instructor. I really had a wonderful time considering it was my first time. My companion was so worried because she thinks i'm not enjoying a bit. She has no clue that i am having the time of my life. hahahaha. By the way, my ate is a health advocate. I got so many insights from her regarding being healthy. Slowly, i'm trying to learn them all. After all, i am doing it not because i want to be sexy. But instead i want to be physically and mentally fit. So much for the zumba dance. I definitely be coming  back there :))

                               

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION