things I learned from my friend

So i keep my personal blog updated and I think this is really good. For this post, I want to share something 
about the things that I have learned from my old-time friend and sister from another mother.
I am not good at mathematics and hates the idea of counting, but i think I have known my friend for almost 15 years now.  Although abundant things has changed, our ways of dealing with each other didn't shifted. She actually living in the U.S of A. She comes home regularly like yearly. So whenever she goes home, we really find time to bond. She had a two week vacation recently. And during her stay here , I have learned so much from her. 
She has experienced varieties in life, and through those trials, she became tough,  strong, and smart. 
One of the many things I learned from her is know how to say No.  I've got a problem with this really. But I wont make an elaboration here. There are just situations that requires me to say Yes or No- like someone is asking for a favor, for time, for help , etc. And in the end, I will always say yes. Most of the time, its getting tiring na. Doing
something for people yet they don't even appreciate it. I have learned from my friend that its ok to say No. Do not go beyond your limits especially  if its not worth it.

Secondly, I have learned to value more the importance of "ME' time. 
Since I work full time, my everyday routine is so tiring. Working more than 8 Hours a day, with 
a semi -part time job, going to gym, and attending mid-week church services sometimes really exhaust my energy. But then again, I got to appreciate this activities. Having a quality 'me " time is an effective way of pressing that reset button. Me time includes, pampering yourself, treating yourself, splurging in something that will make you smile, or most of the time, just enjoying the peace of being alone.

Thirdly, I learned to value and love my parents more. I saw it from here. She really does everything 
to make her parents happy. It broke my heart that I have not done that level to my parents.. 
Though I have loved them and still love them now, but it would be better if I've done and gave my very best to them. THEY simply deserve that.

Lastly, I have learned to become determined and strong-willed. Even though she is experiencing some downtime
in her job, she simply not quitting. She has a goal. To be stable and just simple to be happy. So seeing her
working that hard motivates me not to give up also. She's such a fighter. Because the Lord is with her. 
Time will come, God will give our own season. 
Both of us has still a very long road and journey to travel. And would stay in hope and believe that God
has something perfect in store for us ♥

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: